We would like to inform you about the high water situation in Limburg.
There is a calamity and an extreme weather situation. You have undoubtedly heard in the news that there are problems with high water in Limburg. The Meuse will continue to rise, and it is not known yet precisely what the highest level will be and how long it will continue.
Our forecast based on the information we are currently receiving is as follows;
- The water levels of the Meuse River will increase over the next two days.
- We expect a rise of about four meters for the Leukermeer, which means that the vacation resort will still remain dry. This depends entirely on the upcoming days. Nobody can say with 100% accuracy.
- The regular entrance roads to the vacation resort will be closed Friday, July 16th, 2021, by the municipality due to flooding in some areas of the roads.
- Through the north side of the vacation resort, the entrance road (Halve Maanseweg) can be used from the N271. This involves a different arrival route and departure route for you (see attachment). We advise you to enter "Halve Maanseweg" in your navigation. Then follow the signs.
- With the current conditions, the park will remain dry, and your arrival and departure will be possible on Friday, July 16th, 2021 (using the alternative route).
- You should note that on some days, there will be some restrictions such as entrance roads, use of beaches, boat rentals, etc.
- The marina is closed and not in use. The boat ramp is not in use. It will not be possible to launch boats. This may take a few days.
- There is always a risk that the municipality and the competent authority will require us to evacuate guests for a couple of days if the water levels continue to rise. This has not occurred yet, and we are trying to avoid this, but safety is indeed paramount.
- We understand that this is also an inconvenient and confusing situation for you. However, more information will only become available in the upcoming days. If you decide to arrive later than planned, please let us know.
- As soon as we have more new information, we will post it on the website. Please keep a close eye on our announcements.